The Digital Resource Foundation for the Orthotics and Prosthetics Community is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2002 to improve access to information needed by all members of the orthotics, prosthetics and rehabilitation community, including professionals, service providers, patients and families. The Foundation works collaboratively with individuals, agencies, organizations and institutions who share the mission of service to the O&P community to:
- educate and inform providers and users about services and opportunities
- improve outcomes in science, technology and rehabilitation
- promote the highest standards of care and service delivery
- enhance communication and information within the O&P and rehabilitation community
To develop computer-based information resources and communication links for the worldwide orthotics, prosthetics and rehabilitation community.
- To organize information from publications, journals, research reports, patient education, humanitarian efforts and organizations focused on the orthotic, prosthetic and rehabilitation community into a searchable online resource
- To provide this information in the public domain at no cost to users
- To increase awareness of organizations, agencies and information resources in the orthotic, prosthetic and rehabilitation community worldwide
- To promote world wide communication and involvement between providers, organizations and beneficiaries
No professional fundraisers are being used for development activities. Foundation funding is being sought through private individuals, organizations and grants. The resources and information created by the DRFOP are available in the public domain at no cost.