366 Avenue John Brown
Port au Prince 00000
Riche Zamor, Director
P.O. Box 521800
Salt Lake City, Utah 84152-1800
801 408 5610 (Fax)
Type of Organization
Regions: Central America
Specific cities, regions, or groups of people: PORT-AU-PRINCE, 366 Avenue John Brown, Bourdon, Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Disabled adults and children seen in our clinic and area orphanages, hospitals, clinics
Age Group: Adults, Children
Fees Charged: Sometimes
Prosthetic Fitting, Orthotic Fitting, Medical Equipment / Supplies, Education, Funding, Prosthetic Fabrication, Orthotic Fabrication, Medical / Surgical Care, Rehabilitation / Training
There is a facility/physical building for patient care at the specified location.
Accomodations for volunteers near or at the specified location.
Volunteers: Prosthetists, Orthotists, Technicians, Lay Persons, Physicians, Nurses, Therapists, Other: TEACHERS,TRANSLATORS
Materials, Components, and Equipment: New, Disassembled, Equipment, Used, Medical Supplies, Other: SHIPPING, FREQUENT FLIER MILES
General Background Information
Founded in 1998 by Jeff Randle M.D.
Total volunteers to date: 1000+
Annual average volunteer participation: 200
Total recipients of care to date: 25K+
Annual average recipients of care: 5000
Organization provides partial funding for volunteers.
Volunteer needs to raise individual funds for all expenses.
Currently and Historically, the organization's funding and contributions have come from:
Healing Hands For Haiti International Foundation, Inc
We are dedicated to fostering the expansion and quality of rehabilitation services for the benefit of physically disabled adults and children in Haiti. We operate on the principle that the best way to serve the people of Haiti is to enable them to serve themselves.
Our 4 Points of Emphasis are:
1) Rehabilitation education
2) Clinical treatment
3) Disability prevention
4) Increasing public awareness of disabilities and rehabilitation in Haiti
To provide physical rehabilitation, education, and treatment to the people of Haiti. Our goals include: heightening the public awareness of physical disability issues (including prevention, acceptance, and care); educating the people of Haiti to care for the disabled with dignity and respect; and providing continued support with training, materials, supplies, medical treatment, and therapy. Healing Hands for Haiti encourages our patients to pay for services if they are able, however, no individual will be turned away for lack of funds.
1) Healing Hands For Haiti is a non-profit, 501 ( c ) 3, non-governmental organization.
2) Healing Hands For Haiti neither condemns nor promotes any political organization, or any religious ideology. We are a non-political organization, which is not affiliated with either the U.S. or Haitian governments. We will work in cooperation with governments when our mutual goals are for the benefit of the Haitian people.
3) Healing Hands For Haiti works with multi-denominational churches, charitable organizations, and other public and private organizations.
4) Healing Hands For Haiti promotes and encourages the Haitian people to provide quality physical rehabilitative services themselves in a spirit of self-determination, non-dependency, and human dignity with a focus on empowering disabled Haitians to achieve functional independence.
Additional Information & Comments
Healing Hands For Haiti International Foundation, Inc. has a guesthouse and clinic in Port-au-Prince, Haiti where medical teams stay and treat disabled adults and children. We also sponsor a school teaching the basics of rehabilitation nursing, physical therapy, and occipational therapy. Several graduates of this Rehabilitation Aide I course have gone on to have additional training in prosthetics/orthotics.